Dental emergencies happen more often than you think. Luckily, you can count on Alatorre Dental to offer same-day and after-hours emergency services. We care about you and your smile.
Some Common Dental Emergencies
If you or a loved one experience a dental emergency, call us right away and we’ll walk you through the best mitigating procedures while you make your way to our office. Here is a list of the most common dental emergencies. If you experience these, call our office right away, then use this list as a reference.
- You bit through your cheek, lip, or tongue: Clean the wound with a warm salt-water mixture and cover with gauze to stop any bleeding. If pain continues or the wound starts to swell, use a cold compress. Call our office immediately.
- You knocked a tooth out: Call our office immediately for assistance. If possible, place your tooth back in the socket. This helps mitigate any tooth rot. If you can’t do this, keep the tooth moist either in some milk or in your mouth.
- You have a severe, persistent toothache: Rinse your mouth with warm water. Then, floss thoroughly to remove anything that may be stuck between your teeth. Apply a cold compress if your mouth starts to swell. Call our office to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
- You cracked or broke a tooth: As with a bite wound, clean your mouth out with warm water and apply gauze or a cold compress as needed. Call our office to schedule an appointment as soon as possible so that it doesn’t get worse.
- You have something stuck between your teeth: Attempt to remove the object with floss. DO NOT use anything sharp such as a toothpick or a knife! Call our office as soon as possible.
Ready and Willing to Help
Our team at Alatorre Dental cares about you and wants you and your family to be safe and healthy. If you have a dental emergency, call us right away or visit our office.